I sewed the snap fasteners on Baarbara’s dress this morning and here she is in all her glory.
I made up the pattern as I went along. I cast on about 88 sts, did a couple of rows of garter st to reduce curling and it makes a nice edge. The lace is k1, yo, s2kpsso, yo separated by a few rows of stocking stitch. To get the ruffly effect on the skirt I used s2kpsso, k1 to reduce the number of stitches by half in one row then I used it again at the front only on the next knit row. I also moved down a needle size after the decreases as it still seemed a little wide. It was easier to crochet the bodice as it made it all much neater and there were less fiddly ends to sew in, and I used crochet to create a button band down the back edge as well.