I have learned in the last few days
- How to do a nice crocheted provisional cast on.
- That lace doesn’t need to be scary.
- Knitting lace and watching tv do not mix a) you mess up the knitting b) whilst fixing the mess you made of the knitting you miss a huge chunk of the programme you are watching.
- Attempting to knit lace after a long day, on 4 hours sleep, is a slightly surreal experience.
- It’s amazing how creative your language can get whilst attempting to knit lace after a long day on 4 hours sleep…
- You never knew that cat could look like she was asking for ear plugs just by twitching her ears at you like that.
- The cat gets pointy when you wake her up looking for the stitch markers she is lying on.
- She also gets pointy when you try to move her off your yarn.
- And when you try to stop her playing with the ends of your lifeline.
- Using an autumnal coloured yarn comes in handy for hiding the bloodstains from the scratches you have on your hands after the cat has been pointy that many times.
I may have more to add later